Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Sunday Night adventures in a Country World....

Reba and her back up singer

On Sunday, London held the first International Festival of Country Music for the first time in 20 years.  The headliner was Reba McEntire and she hadn't performed in London for over 20 years and it was amazing to watch her perform. I have been trying to find a ticket to one of her concerts in America, but when they are in Texas they are really expensive.  But I was very excited to see her in London because the tickets were really cheap and I sat in the 5th row. 

Last picture i took
For the most part  the festival wasn't bad, but it was running an hour and a half late. The other artists performed really well and two of them were apparently a big deal. I was anxious to see Reba get on stage though so I wasn't very engaged in the other artist's performances. 

One of many eye contacts
When Reba came on stage the audience erupted, as well as I. She was a great performer and kept the audience engaged. I'm pretty sure she made eye contact with me on five different occasions. There was also a moment where I yelled "I love you" very quickly after a song and she looked at me and said "I love you too". That was the best part of the whole performance (for me at least). The worst part of the night was that I had to leave early because the tube (subway) closes at midnight, so I was not able to stage door her like I would have wanted. But I did only miss one song of the whole performance so it wasn't the end of the world. Overall it was a great experience to have while I was abroad.

No comments:

Post a Comment