Friday, March 2, 2012

Watch as I Defy Gravity.......




The front of the theatre
THE STAGE
Gina Beck (Galinda/Glinda)
I FINALLY saw Wicked on Monday and must I say it was a phenomenal night. When we walked out of the tube station we were met with the bright green lights from the signage at the front of the theatre. I had to take it all in to keep from breaking down in front of the theatre. We took pictures in front of the theatre before we headed inside the theatre. The foyer was light green creating a Ozian atmosphere in the foyer. There as a concessions area to the right and two Ozdust Boutiques (Gift Shops) to the left where the staircase split, leading upstairs to the dress circle. We walked upstairs to reach our seats the very last row in the theatre, but I was just excited to be there. Once the show started I was overcome with emotions and became so happy I teared up a little halfway throough the first act. I mouthed the words to every song and even recited certain lines throughout the musical. When the time for "Defying Gravity" came I was so amazed. I had only seen the scene on Youtube and it was just extraordinary to watch it live. I did my best to not become emotional throughout the song, but it did not work to well. the second act started and I regained composure and did pretty well until they performed "For Good". It was so surreal and I felt very connected to the show. Of course I did, I've been following the musical for two years now. I know the back history, the book, and all the characters antics in the musical.
 
My beach towel


Rachel Tucker (Elphaba)

The musical ability of Glinda and Elphaba were outstanding. There were moments where Elphaba's charactersang way to low, but the notes that she did belt were beautiful. As a souvenir I purchased a Wicked beach towel, because I promised myself when I saw the show in London I was going to buy myself one and that I did.  I also stage doored the performers. I didn't know the actors, but this was the first time I saw Wicked and I really wanted the actors/actresses signatures. Overall. I had an amazing time and I fell in love with the musical all over again.

No comments:

Post a Comment